[WikiEN-l] Citizendium

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 19 11:26:00 UTC 2006

Kim van der Linde wrote

> charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com wrote:
> > It is going to be a lot easier for WP to improve
> > article content, in areas where it actually has some welcome
> > competition, than it is going to be for those rivals to import into
> > their site the necessary redirects and so on, to give the
> > navigational smooth ride.

> Why should only Wikipedia be able to do that?

Yes, why should another site not get the grunt work done? I guess because they start with a 'more chiefs than Indians' model of intellectual work? Delegation to the nearest graduate student actually works in academia, sort of. People get doctorates for doing what someone memorably called the more boring parts broken off the professor's research program.

Just who gets excited enough to add all those variants of [[John of Jandun]], for a random example, on a site based on a star system (as if that was a panacea)?

Charles