[WikiEN-l] I've Kicked the Process Habit

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 11:52:16 UTC 2006

> Quite a number of our policies were created by consensus.

And almost all of our processes are quick hacks someone thought would
be a good idea at the time, and they're usually modified by putting
hacks on hacks on hacks, building into a rococo fractal mosaic of
prescriptions.

People see something quickly assembled out of gaffer tape and string
and assume it's an immaculate stainless steel construction of well
thought-out design. Then they follow it rigidly and unthinkingly.

Look at your response to Phil's posts in this thread. You're zooming
in on utterly insignificant details as if to completely ignore the
point.

- d.