[WikiEN-l] [[WP:V]] and [[WP:RS]] are destroying Wikipedia

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 16:17:31 UTC 2006

On Sep 17, 2006, at 3:00 AM, geni wrote:
>>> Both policies direly need a basic common sense check - don't
>>> challenge material you don't actually doubt the accuracy of. Editors
>>> should read skeptically and critically, but they should not go
>>> removing things for the sake of removing them.
> You realise process says exactly that?

No, I don't. The closest thing [[WP:V]] says is "some editors may
object if you remove material without giving people a chance to
provide references."

> You want book length policy pages? No thankyou.

No - I want policy pages based on a book. Do try to read what I'm
saying before you respond. I know you like unhelpful one-line
replies, but they're not really my thing. The relevant sections of
Craft of Research are about ten pages long, and could easily be
summarized further.

-Phil