[WikiEN-l] Citizendium

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sat Sep 16 19:12:48 UTC 2006

On 16 Sep 2006 at 20:32, "Mathias Schindler"
<mathias.schindler at gmail.com> wrote:

> What bothers me most is that Larry's fifth proposal for an
> encyclopedia comes when plan 3 and 4 ("Encyclopedia of Earth" and the
> "Digital Universe Encyclopedia") have not surfaced yet. Larry might or
> might not use the argument that he does not bear responsibility in
> having the EoE miss about three announced dates to be released. During
> the talk, he did not mention those projects a single time (only after
> I specifically asked him about this).

That guy does seem to be creating a lot of "vaporware".  He seems to
be of the school of thought that holds that the way to launch a
project is to first get a lot of "buzz" going about how innovative
it's going to be, and afterward start thinking about actually
launching it someday.  In contrast, Wikipedia got started by actually
getting started... the hype and chitchat came later.

--
== Dan ==