[WikiEN-l] 100, 000 FAs as an achievable goal with a plan (was Contest and quality)

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Wed Sep 13 12:16:14 UTC 2006

On 9/12/06, Kirill Lokshin <kirill.lokshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> The underlying issue is that the FA process is wearing two different
> hats.  It's based on criteria that people want to use as a checklist
> for *all* articles -- hence the idea of having 100,000 FAs -- but at
> the same time fills the role of selecting our "very best work" (with
> all the prestige implicit is that) and serving as pretty much the only
> formal recognition for articles available in Wikipedia.

That's an excellent point, and maybe the time has come to admit that
the FA process *doesn't* apply to every article.  Taking the FA
process out of the whole grading scheme might just get more people to
work on an actual checklist.

Of course this brings up the question of whether or not a checklist is
what we want?

Anthony