[WikiEN-l] Contest and quality

Carl Peterson carlopeterson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 19:02:57 UTC 2006

While I'm hovering dangerously close to instruction creep by suggesting it,
I think there should be some sort of mini-review process where instead of
automatically resetting the rating, an admin has to look at it first (i.e.,
there would have to be a reason given for clearing the rating). This would
especially be the case for an FA where it had around 1,000 votes (i.e.,
consensus).

Also, there should either be a minimum threshold for rating (e.g., 10 votes
to be eligible for GA, 20 for FA) or a system where the max rating is
unavailable until x votes (e.g., on a 10-point scale, the max could
increment by .5 on the scale, maxing at 20 votes, with fixed thresholds for
GA and FA). If such a system were not in place, then an article could hit FA
status with only one vote.

Carl