[WikiEN-l] The creationists are coming ..

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 01:31:12 UTC 2006

On 9/6/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
> .. and they're going to spam our e-mail queue:
> http://www.evolutionnews.org/2006/09/wikipedia_youre_on_notice.html
>
> It would be nice to get some evolutionary biologists to review our
> entries on the respective topics systematically. I suspect there's
> probably a lot of creationist POV creep already.

Most Creationists are fortunately not very subtle. They aren't
satisfied with POV creep, they have to insert the equivalent of "It's
only a theory! And a GIANT LIE!" with just about every edit.

(There are exceptions, to be sure. But 90% of Creationist editing to
Evolution articles are like this. Even the ones who stick around
usually lapse into it at highly regular intervals.)

It'd be great if we could get intelligent, intellectually honest
Creationists who are interested in creating neutral articles. I
wouldn't hold my breath, though. I say this as someone who is pretty
far from thinking that our articles should be nothing but the
"scientific point of view". But I'm generally not very impressed by
Creationists, and certainly not the ones who spend their time trying
to further their cause on Wikipedia.

FF