[WikiEN-l] Comscore claims Wikipedia had more visitors during September than Amazon, Myspace or Youtube

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 28 14:45:57 UTC 2006

 "Keith Old" wrote

> Microsoft, Yahoo!, Google, and eBay took the top positions, however relative
> newcomers Wikipedia and YouTube are making a rapid climb up the World Wide
> Web (WWW), as per the monthly Internet snapshot, released by Comscore.

Alexa has WP edging ahead of eBay. The total traffic is less, but we have more visitors. It is cheering to see that eBay's traffic graph is going down (but as a proportion of Web traffic - presumably not in absolute terms) while we are steadily gaining in share. For us 0.5% of the Web traffic would be a big, server busting number.

Charles