[WikiEN-l] Gooooooogle

Steve Block steve.block at myrealbox.com
Tue Oct 24 17:11:37 UTC 2006

Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> I have a couple of persistent problem users on my watchlist at the
> moment, both of whom persistently obfuscate the titles of articles
> they created and which have since been deleted, in an attempt to keep
> their shenanigans off the Google results for the subjects (Ecopave and
> Patrick Buri for the interested).
>
> Is there any merit in requesting a change so that user and project
> space are excluded from the Google indexing?  What about
> deleted-protected?

I would support only having article and portal space indexed, not even
having talk pages indexed.  Is there a way of doing it so it would be
picked up across mirrors too?  I have no idea of how it's done beyond
the no robots or something command in the headers.  I have a feeling
this is a perennial though.

Steve block