[WikiEN-l] Editors, who are not editors

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 10:48:04 UTC 2006

On 22/10/06, Peter Ansell <ansell.peter at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just do not see how they are practically improving the encyclopedia

with these types of distributions of edits.

I think the issue is being overblown a bit. Some people prefer to be
involved in the day-to-day running and administration of projects and I
don't think there's a problem with letting them do this. Encyclopedia
Britannica hires many people who are involved in admin-only work.

If there were hundreds of users doing this there would be a problem; we'd
have to examine why so many non-participating users are influencing policy.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)