[WikiEN-l] Editors, who are not editors

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 09:58:22 UTC 2006

On 20/10/06, Peter Ansell <ansell.peter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been increasingly worried about one editors contribution
> history lately. The vast majority (possibly over 90%) of their last
> 500 edits have been in Wikipedia/Wikipedia talk space. It is my
> understanding that Wikipedia: space is for editors to use to organise
> the development of articles.
>
> My question is how does an editor--who spends all their time in
> Wikipedia space--know what they are trying to achieve?

The real question is what was before those 500 edits. Are we talking
someone who only sits in that namespace ever, or are we talking a
several-year-standing highly active user who happens to have been
focusing on project work in the last few weeks?

The answers for the two cases are very different.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk