[WikiEN-l] Comic book articles and fancruft (was: Pattern copyvios involving...)

Earle Martin wikipedia at downlode.org
Sat Oct 21 15:14:16 UTC 2006

> Jihad is normally associated with religious fanatics.

Only by the ignorant. People who have actually spent any time reading
about the subject rather than listening to the spoutings of tabloid
newspapers and Fox News pundits will be aware that jihad takes a
multitude of forms, the foremost of which is spiritual jihad within
oneself, the crusade against sin and sloth. [0] We need a crusade
against sloth. Our sloth is sloth of editing, which leads to articles
fairly groaning at the seams under the load of their excess verbiage.

> An encyclopedia that doesn't suck recognizes that different people have
> different ideas about what is important, and respects them for that.
> What could be more self-evident than that.

I disagree thoroughly. WP:NOT an indiscriminate collection of
information, remember? If we respected everbody's different ideas, it
would be.

An encyclopedia that doesn't suck contains material that has been
agreed by consensus to be relevant and useful.

[1] If only there were some kind of online reference I could point to
on this. Oh, wait, there is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad#Greater_and_lesser_Jihad

--
Earle Martin