[WikiEN-l] Episode summaries

Earle Martin wikipedia at downlode.org
Tue Oct 17 16:49:35 UTC 2006

[de-lurk]

On 17/10/06, Chris Picone <ccool2ax at gmail.com> wrote:
> I somewhat agree, but take a look at a Family Guy episode summary..
> any one. See the Cultural References section? All facts listed there
> are entirely OR!
>
> >From "Peter's Got Woods":
> "When Shauna, Brian's love interest introduces herself, there's
> heavenly singing of the name 'Shauna' in the background. This parodies
> a scene from Ferris Beuller's Day Off when Jennifer Grey's character
> tells Charlie Sheen's character 'It's Jean, but most guys call me
> Shauna.'"
> -No source, based entirely on editor's personal knowledge! THese
> things are all over these summaries!

I'd say nuke anything like that from orbit, along with any
critic-esque writing that claims to describe the hidden allegorical
meaning of a film, painting, book, music video/song lyrics, etc.,
without providing a reference from the director, artist, author or
other creator of the item in question.

--
Earle Martin
            http://downlode.org/