[WikiEN-l] [[Wikipedia:Attribution]]: a proposal

Sarah slimvirgin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 10:18:40 UTC 2006

On 10/11/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:53:02 -0500, Sarah <slimvirgin at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >previous concerns expressed about NOR and V, I've put up a proposal
> >that No original research and Verifiability be combined into one new
> >content policy: [[Wikipedia:Attribution]].
>
> NOR and V are important in and of themselves (and need to be much
> shorter).  Attribution has the potential to replace RS and about 2/3
> of each of NOR and V, which would be good.  As a descriptive guideline
> it has great potential.  I don't see it replacing the prescriptive
> policies, but it certainly augments them well.

The intention is to replace NOR and V, because the last thing we need
is yet another page about sources. (I'm leaving out discussion of RS
for the moment and concentrating on the policies.)

Guy, what is missing from [[Wikipedia:Attribution]] that would need to
be there for you to feel that NOR and V were well enough represented
that we could get rid of them?

Sarah