[WikiEN-l] Reliable sources: problems with [[WP:RS]]

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 11 08:51:01 UTC 2006

Jossi Fresco wrote

> The main issue here is if we are dealing with a controversial topic,
> a biography of a living person, or an ongoing enterprise. In these
> cases, the need for reliable sources is paramount.

Correct. But some of us have always objected to having the most controversial articles driving policy. So, please, not the 'main issue'. The main issue is getting the encyclopedia written, in the large, not that some people want to write on controversial areas. Policy in this area is basically defensive, and hence rather negative.

Charles