[WikiEN-l] Absolutely amazing...

Rory Stolzenberg rory096 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 14:25:06 UTC 2006

Posted simultaneously at WT:RFA

I just saw the current message above the backlog tag at CAT:CSD. It reads:
<!-- Remove the comments around the line below this message (Adminbacklog)
to add a backlog tag. To remove the backlog tag, put comments tags around
it. Usually, the tag is added if there are 100 or more articles (or 200
articles & images combined) in this category. -->
When did it become acceptable to have 100 articles or 200 total things in
CAT:CSD? Since we now have backlogs more often, that means we should raise
the criteria for what is actually a backlog? Is this why we're unnecessarily
raising our standards on RfA, because if we don't have as many "backlogs,"
but still have just as many pages waiting to be processed, then we don't
need as many admins? This is appalling. We might as well stop promoting
admins and just delete the backlog tag, then we wouldn't have any "backlogs"
and nobody would have to do anything! Wouldn't that be nice? Ugh. This is
just silly. We need to stop dicking around and start actually being
productive. We're here to run an encyclopaedia, not pretend we're doing so
and accomplishing absolutely nothing.