[WikiEN-l] Quitting Wikipedia and wanted you to know why.

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Oct 8 18:56:43 UTC 2006

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 11:35:04 -0500, "Parker Peters"
<onmywayoutster at gmail.com> wrote:

>There are other edits I would consider POV pushing, but here's the thing:
>that is NOT an excuse to institute an indefinite block. That's a reason to
>teach the user about our policies and try to get them working as a
>productive editor.

Except that the username makes it perfectly plain that this is a
reincarnation.  I leave it to the admins active on that particular
article to identify who is the puppet master here, but it is more than
plausible that this is a lock-evading sock of an unrepentant POV
pusher.  I recently had a very calm and civil discussion with an
editor who got blocked in similar way, I asked his patience while we
ran CheckUser and thanked him for it when I had enough evidence to
unblock.  The blocking admin was content to admit the mistake.  It's
nice to assume good faith, but sometimes when yet another "brand new
user" pops up it can be asking a bit much.  Sure, we make mistakes,
but by far the most common mistake is extending too much benefit of
the doubt to people who are simply not here to help build a neutral
encyclopaedia.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk