[WikiEN-l] Parker Peters's comments

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:32:43 UTC 2006

On 06/10/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Proposal: Arbcom states it is willing to desysop people on petition. X
> many admins, in a set time frame, are willing to sign their names to
> "This guy keeps doing X and Y and bringing the project into disrepute
> by so doing"? He's gone, and he can RFA if he wants the bit back.
> (Arbcom would have the power to say "go away" to frivolous complaints,
> of course)
> This proposal is based on the key, and possibly fallacious, assumption
> that 90% of admins are sane sensible quiet people who know Acting Like
> A Tosser when it's pointed out to them. (Restricting it to admins
> isn't meant to be some kind of elegant blackball system for overriding
> RFA, just to get some guaranteed sanity involved...)

Given recent conflicts on the wiki, particularly the surprisingly
nasty one on RFAr right now, I doubt it would *guarantee* sanity. It
might be something.

But ... I'm still waiting for anything resembling verifiable evidence
that there are clear targets for such a process. That is to say:
evidence diffs of problematic behaviour, not just ranting on the
mailing list that admins are an evil abusive cabal.

- d.