[WikiEN-l] Parker Peters's comments

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 6 19:10:07 UTC 2006

 "Jeff Raymond" wrote

>  I'm much more likely to vote support on a candidate with a long
> history, but some questions about, if I know that if they abuse the tools
> or continually do the wrong thing, I can work to get them removed.  That's
> not the case currently.

I don't find this a very reassuring argument.

Admins must, in the first place, be trusted people. That's pretty basic. The various criteria, hoops to jump through, questionaires, cavils about 'admin material' and scruples about how and in what spaces people edit (ugh) are secondary. I would prefer to see more people promoted, who just add good content. Those, typically, will have the smarts to understand policy and its uses. I do not want to see more people who are subject to reservations on their discretion become admin. Wait a few months and take a second view, yes.

Charles