[WikiEN-l] Parker Peters's comments

Parker Peters onmywayoutster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 15:55:19 UTC 2006

Mgm,

I could agree with that. I think that maybe there ought to be multiple
grades of admin, who have specific abilities. Part of the problem right now
is that so many admins wield what might as well be "absolute power" when
compared to a normal user.

For instance, why not have a "first grade" admin who have the power only to
semiprotect articles (to protect from systemic anon-ip/newuser vandalism),
not to lock talk pages at all (including user talk pages) and to impose
blocks up to 48 hours but no longer? Make them ask for help if they see
anything that needs anything longer or appears to be a problem?

You could have a lot more of those less-powerful admins handling many of the
issues without worry about whether they went nuts, because even if they went
nuts, there's be a lot less permanent damage they could do.

Parker