[WikiEN-l] Parker Peters's comments

Kat Walsh mindspillage at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 15:50:08 UTC 2006

On 10/6/06, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some adminship requests get opposed because the user aren't familiar in a
> specific field of administrator work. If we could specifically give people
> the tools they have the knowledge for, more requests would succeed. Perhaps
> it's time to run that plan to give people separate admin tools.

I think it's somewhat ridiculous to oppose an admin candidate for not
showing obvious familiarity with some aspect of admin work that s/he
may not even be interested in. (Opposing for showing that someone has
repeatedly gone about it all wrong is a different matter.) I expect
that anyone who has acted reasonably and responsibly in whatever they
have done to that point will not suddenly go crazy when approaching a
new task, and whatever beginners' mistakes may be made by someone who
is generally acting like a reasonable person are probably easy to fix.
No one should *have* to know everything before becoming an admin, just
show themselves willing and able to find out how to do something
before doing it.

-Kat
who would be content to have adminship only for deleting and viewing
deleted pages, really

--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mindspillage  |  G/AIM:LucidWaking
mindspillage or mind|wandering on irc.freenode.net | email for phone