[WikiEN-l] Quitting Wikipedia and wanted you to know why.

Parker Peters onmywayoutster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:31:37 UTC 2006

I expected this sort of response from David Gerard. It saddens me to see it,
but I knew it would come.

This sort of attitude and obsessiveness is precisely why I am leaving.

David, I saw an email sent to this list on the admin who was removing the
unblock request from the page of a user he himself had blocked. YOU declared
it a nonissue. I'm sure that the affected user, who by our arbcom rules is
the "only" one allowed to make such an arbcom case, is completely unable to
do so since they are BLOCKED.

This is a larger problem I have with our policies, though. Every policy we
have on the matter is designed to make it impossible for an aggrieved user
to make any protest against abuse.

Parker.