[WikiEN-l] RFA has gone weird

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 6 12:14:01 UTC 2006

"MacGyverMagic/Mgm" wrote

>Arbitration cases usually take too
> long to conclude.

We can fast-track at need. The ArbCom is short-handed and the preparation of cases is arduous.

>We should have some well established central de-adminship
> procedure that is transparent to allow every sensible editor to contribute
> and not just make it an admin only event. That should take some heat off
> arbcom in the most stringent cases.

Actually that is not the obvious way to go.

It is more sensible, IMO, to contemplate dividing the cases into less and more serious, with fewer votes needed on the less serious. Or some other 'small claims' system. The ArbCom is elected precisely to take the heat in the heaviest cases. Those are where it actually needs its mandate, not dealing with obvious trolling where the whole business is effectly not contentious.

Charles