[WikiEN-l] Quitting Wikipedia and wanted you to know why.

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 6 12:08:32 UTC 2006

"Tony Jacobs" wrote

> Nonetheless, I hope arbitrators will take
> seriously the idea that the way our admins treat users is a very important
> part of Wikipedia's public face, and that administrative arrogance is a
> liability to the project.

That we do know. The Arbs are not a police force (perish the thought) and deal with what is in front of them.

We are _not_ going to make moves that discourage admins from getting involved in tough situations, where they are going to be provoked and harassed by both sides of an acrimonious dispute. We are not going to take it out on admins who lose their temper in extremis. We will sanction those who scoff at the incivility policy.

Charles