[WikiEN-l] Interesting article on Alexa

Sun Oct 1 11:45:41 UTC 2006

Alexa is mainly used by those with spyware installed, though I use the
SearchStatus extension for Firefox, which provides the Alexa rank and sends
data to Alexa.

I have no objection to this, as I don't mind making my site look more
popular! On that point, Alexa can be forged by site owners asking their
members to install Alexa to raise their ranking.