[WikiEN-l] To: Jimmy Wales - Admin-driven death of Wikipedia

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue May 30 08:32:13 UTC 2006

"Conrad Dunkerson" wrote

> I was suggesting that PART of the reason for the excessive hatred directed
> at Wikipedia and the admin community in particular are the actions of some
> admins.

Well, and I'm suggesting that you are busy dragging red herrings right over
this issue.  It is pretty much tautologous that criticism of the
administration of the English Wikipedia is criticism of the admins, plus
Jimbo.  I think it is very naive about the Internet and its denizens to
assume 'no smoke without fire applies'.  Criticism of admins does not imply,
necessarily, that there are admins who deserve such criticism.  You do
concede that some very difficult 'customers' are rightly banned from WP?
And that subsequent comment from them may have a malicious component?

Charles