[WikiEN-l] To: Jimmy Wales - Admin-driven death of Wikipedia

Molu loom91 at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 07:39:51 UTC 2006

If you are unpopular, then you are doing something wrong. Blocking vandals pisses them off, but earns the support of real Wikipedians. As you raise the userbox issue, if an admin is doing something that the majority of the community does not support then he's doing the wrong thing. If his actions are controversial within only a small part of the community but actually is in accordance with policy, then other wikipedians will come in to support and drown the trolls.

  There should be a mechanism to impeach admins without going through ArbCom. Apart from increasing accountability, the next time trolls complain about admin abuse and corrupt ArbCom we can just point to the mechanism and say what are you waiting for? If there is some support in this list I may go ahead and start a proposal. What do you think?

  Molu

  <snip>