[WikiEN-l] Unblock Request

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun May 28 10:34:34 UTC 2006

On 5/26/06, Nick Booth <nick9999 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Because my IP is blocked I cant create a new user name or request a
> user name change for createaccount - so for one dumb decision I'm
> permanently excluded from contributing.
>
> It may also help you to know that I had some edits reverted because
> one of the administrators was concerned that I including to many
> links to my own site - which is www.podnosh.com.  In every case I was
> confident that I was adding links to relevant information.  If you
> check you should be able to see that my IP has been used for
> constructive contributions and I would like a chance to keep doing that.

Hi Nick,
  Thanks for coming to the list and explaining this...definitely the
right attitude. I can't help you with the unblock, but I can explain
that we have so many unhelpful contributors that someone who turns up
with a silly username, and immediately adds what looks like spam is
probably not going to be given the immediate benefit of the doubt.
Admins just don't have the time to look into every contribution and
determine whether a link is relevant or not.

Hopefully you'll be unblocked. It'd then be good if you could refrain
from adding links to your site, at least for a while. Perhaps they're
relevant, perhaps they're not - but they'll certainly make people
uneasy, because they *look* like spam.

Thanks,
Steve