[WikiEN-l] Unblock Request

Nick Booth nick9999 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 26 13:11:43 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I wonder if you are able to help unblock my IP.  Many months ago I
contributed without creating an account and then decided that it was
more sociable to have an account.  I used the account name
createaccount . I know that was a stupid thing to do - at the time I
didn't know your rules for user names and just looked for the nearest
inspiration.  The account was blocked by longhair and reading the
rules I understand why.

"Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by
"Createaccount". The reason given for Createaccount's block is:
"Username block"." when requesting an unblock as an administrator can
not help you without that information, they might also need your IP
address (82.36.106.161), so give that too if possible."

Because my IP is blocked I cant create a new user name or request a
user name change for createaccount - so for one dumb decision I'm
permanently excluded from contributing.

It may also help you to know that I had some edits reverted because
one of the administrators was concerned that I including to many
links to my own site - which is www.podnosh.com.  In every case I was
confident that I was adding links to relevant information.  If you
check you should be able to see that my IP has been used for
constructive contributions and I would like a chance to keep doing that.

many thanks

Nick