[WikiEN-l] Saladin1970 (new thread)

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Wed May 24 11:10:12 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, Sarah <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote
> Anyone thinking about whether the indefinite block of Abu Hamza is
> justified ought to consider (apart from the various policy violations)
> his determination to add to the introduction of [[Harold Shipman]]
> that he was a *Jewish* British serial killer. It's not just that there
> are no reliable sources for this. It's the obsession with trying to
> add an entirely non-notable reference to a person's ethnicity in order
> to make that ethnicity look bad.

Then take a look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolfo_Constanzo Are
the person who added information about this American born serial
killers Cuban heritage going to be scolded in a similar way as
Saladin1970 now? An indefinite ban for that editor maybe? Why is it ok
to write that his mother was a Cuban immigrant, but it is not ok to
write that Harold Shipman's mother was a Jewish immigrant?

> on. But it's the lack of even the most basic grasp of what it is to be
> a Wikipedian that makes me support an indefinite block.

Have you read his talk page: "I am more than happy to go through the
official wikipedia mechanism for resolving disputes."

--
mvh Björn