[WikiEN-l] saladin request to have user page unblocked

abu hamza abuhamza1970 at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 17:56:57 UTC 2006

well, it seems that there is no end to the indefinate bans. And any
discussions on my case are to be stifled out (user page blocked)

slimline (the original person to request jaygy ban me) has just UNILATERY
revoked tom harrisons 1 week ban, and placed me on indefinate ban, with the
usual long list. The additional reason given is sock puppetry , as i have
logged on to wikipedia - without using my saladin, to discuss the ban with
the various administrators involved.

My request is to have my user page unblocked, as i was going to use it to
put my case for this week ban, and once my week ban is finished on the 26th
. If there is no consenus to have me banned indefinately it should be
revoked

Now the wikipedia guideline for sock puppetry are

Jimbo Wales has said:

    There's no specific policy against it, but it's generally considered
uncool unless you have a good reason.
    I would say that multiple usernames are really only a problem if they
are used as a method of troublemaking of some sort. For example, to generate
an appearance of consensus, or to vote more than once, or to hide from
public scrutiny.[1] (2003)

here are the reasons sock puppetry is not allowed
Voting

Wikipedia uses a "one person, one vote" principle for all votes and similar
discussions where individual preferences are counted in any fashion.
Accordingly, sock puppets may not be used to give the impression of more
support for a viewpoint. This includes voting multiple times in any
election, or using more than one account in a discussion at polls and
surveys, Wikipedia:Articles for deletion or Wikipedia:Requests for
adminship. Proven sock puppets may be permanently blocked if used in this
manner.
[edit]

Deception and impersonation

In addition to double-voting, sock puppets should not be used for purposes
of deception, or to create the illusion of broader support for a position.
This kind of behavior is disruptive and unnecessary for any potentially
legitimate use of sock puppets. In particular, accounts that are used to
maliciously impersonate another Wikipedian should be blocked permanently.
[edit]

Circumventing policy

Policies apply per person, not per account. Policies such as 3RR are for
each person's edits. Similarly, using a second account for policy violations
will cause any penalties to also be applied to your main account.

Users who are banned from editing or temporarily subject to a legitimate
block may not use sock puppets to circumvent this. Evading a ban in this
manner causes the timer on the ban to restart, and may further lengthen the
ban

So the only one applicable is the last "Users who are banned from editing or
temporarily subject to a legitimate block may not use sock puppets to
circumvent this. Evading a ban in this manner causes the timer on the ban to
restart, and may further lengthen the ban"

I would suggest i wasn't circumventing the ban, as it was only used to
discuss my case with administrators.  And even then it means ban restart or
a lengthening of the ban.
(again i don't see any indefinate ban guidelines)