[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] Special:Contributions: index missing?

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Tue May 23 12:59:54 UTC 2006

G'day Rob,

> There's been some discussion on a development mailing list regarding
> the namespace selector in contributions pages, which is expensive due
> to our schema arrangement.

D'oh.

====
> From: Domas Mituzas <midom.lists at gmail.com>
> Date: 23-May-2006 11:28
> Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] Special:Contributions: index missing?
> To: Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l at wikimedia.org>
<snip/>
> What is the point of per-namespace contribution feature on live site?
> What are the applications of it?
====

It's damn useful to be able to filter down contributions to a particular
namespace.  For example, if I know a user has repeatedly violated
copyrights, I can check all Image:-related edits without needing to wave
through edits to the other namespaces, to ensure that all his copyvios
are tracked down and destroyed.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"