[WikiEN-l] Getting rid of bad fair use

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Tue May 23 02:28:58 UTC 2006

G'day Keither,

> Has anyone ever tried contacting Lucasfilm and seeing what they will allow
> us to use?
>
> After all, we are a top 20 website and we probably have the most Star Wars
> related articles of any big site on the web. We are a non-profit
> organisation and we don't provide material that directly competes with them.

Uhh, actually, we *do*.  Have you seen the "Expanded Universe" section
of the /Star Wars/ website?  And the "Expanded Universe" section of
Wikipedia?  It's spooky.  There's even the same overtone of worrying
earnestness that you get from anoraks pervading both sites ...

<snip/>

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"