[WikiEN-l] blocked for a week for these edits

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Mon May 22 22:16:55 UTC 2006

> From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
> [mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org] On Behalf Of Steve Bennett

> It's a pity we're using the example of anti-Semitism. Maybe
> we could keep this more abstract? Say I'm a rabid
> anti-Pokemonite (not far from the truth :)). Does the
> existence of Pokemon fans on Wikipedia make me unwelcome?
> Nah, I just keep my distance.
>
> You might find similarities in the fact that we have both
> sides of various ethnic conflicts, in Yugoslavia or Israel
> and whatever. We also have anti-abortionists and
> pro-abortionists. Do they bicker? Yep. Does the very fabric
> of Wikipedia fall apart? Nah.

The biggest battles seem to be waged over the smallest details. Change the
colour or border of {{Infobox_Ukkingstyles}} by so much as a pixel and you'd
best dig in for a long campaign.

Give me the big issue campaigners any day. At least they are fighting over
something you can see and understand, rather than the length of their penis.

--Pete, taking the long view