[WikiEN-l] 911

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon May 22 19:03:16 UTC 2006

jayjg wrote:

>On 5/20/06, abu hamza <abuhamza1970 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>just for the record, and for all of those who have suggested it is wrong to
>>use a controversial name. My name is abu hamza..
>>

>That's as believable as your claims that your friends at work and home
>simply reverted for you as IPs.  It wasn't you at all, it was all your
>"friends".

This seems highly disrespectful to disbelieve a person who claims to be
using his own name.  There needs to be more to that than your personal
finding that the name is objectionable.  If you doubt that it is his
name you should provide evidence that he is lying.

>>However it is not my wiki
>>name, it is the name on the email.
>>

>Right.  Your wiki name is Saladin1970, Saladin being the Muslim
>conquerer who drove the Crusaders out of Palestine.  I suppose that's
>your real name too, and there's no political implication there?

There may certainly be political implications, but Western teaching
about the Crusades rarely mention the names of the Muslim leaders.  The
tone in [[Saladin]] emphasizes his chivalrous character.  He was,
however, intolerant of Christian terrorists.

Ec