[WikiEN-l] Proposal: limited extension of semi-protection policy

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon May 22 10:50:47 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:

> I would support something like that, or better yet, perhaps having the
> default for semi-protection be that the 'edit this page' tab is still
> there and active, but when you click it and you can't edit, you get a
> nice explanation there that yes, anyone can edit, but that for this
> particular page, you can't edit it at this moment.

For the avoidance of doubt, this would be in the form of boilerplate text at
the top of the usual "display source" mode, right, so the wikitext would be
visible like normal?

Makes good sense to me, so long as we provide adequate explanation of why
they can't edit this page at this time, and give them some way of
determining when the limitation will lift for them.
--
Phil