[WikiEN-l] Ok here is why Willaim Connolley and these stupid admins are messing up Wikipedia. (Hganesan)

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat May 20 18:20:48 UTC 2006

Peter Ansell wrote:

>On 5/19/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
>

>>[[WP:NPA]], that's heading for a month now.  It's great being a rouge
>>admin :-D
>>

>At risk of involving myself in this matter, I have to ask what the
>difference between rouge and rogue is. Is this simply the difference
>between an Australian and another spelling. Because I think its
>perfectly sensible to have a sentence that says "its great being a
>rogue admin", but I dont see how rouge, which is in my view a colour
>of makeup, relates to this sentence.

I have no interest in Connolley either.

To me a "rogue" admin admin is one who suddenly goes off the deep end.
He may have acted normally for a long while, but then without warning he
starts vandalizing for no apparent reason like an elephant who has taken
too much LSD.

A "rouge" admin edits from a more than obvious communistic POV.  The
colour red has traditionally been associated with far left political
parties, as in the Khmer Rouge.  Colloquially the Soviets were always
"The Reds".

Ec