[WikiEN-l] Message: 8 Unblock Request

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sat May 20 12:50:06 UTC 2006

G'day Maggie,

> From: Jerry Sweeton <j.sweeton at wnri.com>
> Subject: [WikiEN-l] Unblock Request
> To: wikien-l at wikipedia.org
>
> My account, User:j.sweeton at wnri.com (IP 24.248.57.133), has recently
> been blocked by User:Cyde.  Uses:Cyde alleges that I have been party to
> "personal attacks and disruption".  In addition, he has also deleted my
> user page. He did all this without warning.

<snip/>
-----

> This clearly goes against Wikipedia policy. There was a vote a couple
> of weeks ago concerning whether there should be off-wiki PA policy.
> It was voted down strongly, as it should have been. Not only should
> this block be moved immediately, but Cyde should be blocked for
> breaking policy. That's a fact.

Nonsense.  The personal attack cited by Cyde when he blocked Jerry was
*on*-wiki, and on-wiki personal attacks can and do result in a block.
Please do not attempt to advise people of Wikipedia policies and
practices when you don't actually know what they are.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"