[WikiEN-l] Message: 8 Unblock Request

Earthhope Action Network contact at earthhopenetwork.net
Sat May 20 05:32:57 UTC 2006

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:28:10 -0400
From: Jerry Sweeton <j.sweeton at wnri.com>
Subject: [WikiEN-l] Unblock Request
To: wikien-l at wikipedia.org

Greetings,

My account, User:j.sweeton at wnri.com (IP 24.248.57.133), has recently
been blocked by User:Cyde.  Uses:Cyde alleges that I have been party to
"personal attacks and disruption".  In addition, he has also deleted my
user page. He did all this without warning.

I fail to see where I have attacked someone.

After further investigation, it appears that User:Cyde has a habit of
blocking user without warning (please see User talk:Mboverload).  I feel
that he has overstepped his bounds as an admin.  I also do not see any
rule that justifies him being able to delete my user page.

Thanks for listening!

This clearly goes against Wikipedia policy. There was a vote a couple
of weeks ago concerning whether there should be off-wiki PA policy.
It was voted down strongly, as it should have been. Not only should
this block be moved immediately, but Cyde should be blocked for
breaking policy. That's a fact. Maggiethewolfstar--
peace and justice for the wildthings http://earthhopenetwork.net/