[WikiEN-l] Unblock request

jayjg jayjg99 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 18:09:48 UTC 2006

On 5/19/06, Ryan Delaney <ryan.delaney at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 5/19/06, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Perhaps a little too long, yes.
> > > I'll see if Jaiyg can tell me more about the copyvio he claimed saladin
> > > made.
> > >
> > > Mgm
> >

> >  Even a copyvio doesn't justify an indefinite block here. This isn't
> > simple vandalism and there's no way we can consider this guy community
> > banned.
> >

> Anyway, I'm unblocking and reblocking for 1 week.  He can get community
> approval for a ban in that time.

I announced the indefinite block on WP:AN/3RR when I made it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/3RR#User:Saladin1970_also_editing_as_User:62.129.121.63
and so far there have been no objections.  If you agree that should be
blocked for a week at least, then why do you feel the need to
wheel-war and undo my action right now?  Why not at least wait until I
have a chance to login, read the e-mails, and respond?  And why don't
you spend that week trying to get consensus for reducing the block?

Jay.