[WikiEN-l] Artists' impressions

Chris Lüer chris at zandria.net
Thu May 18 12:37:38 UTC 2006

At 08:24 AM 5/18/2006, Andrew Gray wrote:

>In some circumstances ([[F-19]]!) an "artists impression" might be OR,
>but in general terms sketching something is no more OR than touching
>up a photo of it.

...or than writing about it!

I would like to draw a line at artist's impressions that are clearly
fictional, though. Such as drawings or paintings of people that died
centuries before the artist's birth -- they are either fictional or
based on another representation (and in that case we should include
the other representation instead).

         Chl