[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia:No factions of belief

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Thu May 18 10:25:50 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
> Based on the discussion about divisive behavior and following my
> earlier comments, I have created a new policy proposal:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:No_factions_of_belief
>
> Please comment!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik

It is still very ambiguous. You define beliefs and interests as if
they are independent terms. I can state my shared interest in the
religion and have it mean exactly the same thing as stating my belief
in the religion. I dont see the practical difference in reading the
two either. It is quite feasible to believe in wikipedia. Would that
be banned as a statement. Or are wikipedians allowed to state their
belief in their own organisation but not any other organisations.

Also, prejudice should not happen with rationality. Rationality needs
information though. And without prestating your belief, rationality
will not take statements in the light they were given. It is not
practical enough to say that the ideal case is always going to happen,
and so we will not allow for cases where an encyclopedia needs to draw
on areas where people need to state their views to get their messages
across in the light they were intended.

Peter