[WikiEN-l] Is this overciting?

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed May 17 06:46:39 UTC 2006

Hi all,
 Somewhat in response to Jimbo's post, I thought I'd offer an example
of an article I've been working on, which has a massive number of
footnotes. Pretty much every sentence in it I wrote with reference to
one website or another, so I footnoted them all. Perhaps I suspect
some of it is dodgy, so I prefer the source being explicitly stated.

Anyway:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnac_stones

I would like to hear from people whether they consider this level of
footnoting excessive, about right, deficient etc. I believe that this
article may almost meet WP:V, if it wasn't for the fact that most of
the sources are amateur websites. The sentence about Kermarquer is
definitely Original Research, but I'm sure sooner or later I'll find a
source to back me up.

Steve