[WikiEN-l] The lovely world of celebrities

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed May 10 22:26:51 UTC 2006

On 5/10/06, Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:
> Heh, good call.
>
> (I've often speculated about what is the least effort I would need to
> go to do do something notable enough to get a Wikipedia article.

Get a gun start killing people (idealy kids) in a first world
anglophile nation. Or just kill one person of significance. In terms
of short term effort crime is probably your best bet. Second would be
dying in some notable way. Throw yourself under GWB's motercade or
something.

Assumeing you want to do something that would not completly mess up
the rest of your life politician may be an option. Some of the less
major olympic sports might be worth a try.

> What's sad is my father and my best friend are both notable enough, as
> is my mother if all academics are notable.

They are not. All academics above a certian level are generaly
accapted as notable

> I work for a notable
> company, producing a notable product. I have participated in notable
> events, been photographed by a notable photographer, ...but I'm not
> notable. Guess the best I can do for my ego is sneak a photo of myself
> in somewhere, pretending I'm an innocent bystander who got in the way
> of a photo...)
>
> Steve

Find somewhere near you with an article then take a photo of yourself
next to some monument there and upload it to wikipedia.

--
geni