[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Wed May 10 04:52:52 UTC 2006

Kirill Lokshin wrote:
> On 5/9/06, Steve Block <steve.block at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>> The only thing that isn't undoable as an admin is image deletion.  The
>> rest has become pretty much fixable.  Yes there are wheel warring
>> dangers and the like, but once you take an eventualist approach, it all
>> settles down a lot.
>
> Err, not quite.  There are a number of other things that are
> "undoable" -- in the sense that once an admin does them, they can't be
> directly reversed -- leaking deleted revisions chief among them.
> Whether this is a real problem is up for debate, of course; but it's
> worth pointing out that the question of admin trust is a bit more
> complicated than merely "will he go on an image deletion spree?"

Indeed. If that was the only criteria that people looked at for RFA, I'd
have been made an admin on en: long ago - after all, I haven't deleted
everything on Commons yet.

The unfortunate thing is, we don't have a trust model. Short of people
writing down lists of people that they consider "problem users", it's
roughly "Do they sound like a nice person? Do I like their userpage? Do
I like their answers to the questions? Do I like their signature? Do
they agree with my idea of what Wikipedia is?"