[WikiEN-l] Admins without validated e-mail addresses (was: RfAs)

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 23:13:35 UTC 2006

Ilmari Karonen <nospam at vyznev.net> wrote:

    I believe it says in some guideline (if not policy) or other that admins
    should be contactable by e-mail. Even if it's not mandatory, it's still
    a damn good idea for a number of reasons.

    If you're on RfA and haven't validated your address, go do it. It'll
    take you less then five minutes. If you're lazy or stubborn enough not
    to do it after you've been told about it, I'd say that in itself sends a
    rather strong signal about your suitability for adminship.

I agree.  It should be policy.  Nothing difficult about setting up a separate email for Wiki if you're concerned about acquiring stalkers.  I've had admin stalkers, but that doesn't scare me from setting up a contact, mailing this list, or even using IRC.  To me, it shows paranoia and ignorance in the admin that needs to be questioned at the very least.~~~Pro-Lick