[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Mon May 8 22:10:12 UTC 2006

On Mon, 8 May 2006 16:31:37 -0400, you wrote:

>Once you strip away all the arguments about "notability" and
>the sea of guidelines and pseudo-guidelines and random acronyms, you
>get something like:
>* Delete, subject is not appropriate for an encyclopedia.
>* Keep, subject _is_ appropriate for an encyclopedia.

From some people, maybe.  For my money "notability" is shorthand for
having achieved sufficient external recognition and discussion that we
can verify that the subject is covered neutrally and accurately.

OK, perhaps also subjects which are so trivial that they are of no
conceivable interest to people who do not already know all about them.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG