[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon May 8 20:20:11 UTC 2006

On 5/8/06, Philip Sandifer <snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I point out that we don't need voting for AfD, which is why we
> changed it away from VfD, and that the proper way to close an AfD is
> to look at the arguments and how they adhere to Wikipedia policy,

In the last 24 hours I've had to deal with two admins who appear to
think that alt accounts were not allowed under policy.

The point of psudo voteing is that it allows people to say yes I view
person x's argument as correct. This gives the closer some help in
assesing X's argument.

Personaly a prefer to comment on AFDs rather than vote. People tend to
be more likely to respond to comments.
--
geni