[WikiEN-l] systemic bias

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 03:04:44 UTC 2006

Raphael Wegmann <raphael at psi.co.at> wrote:

    Apropos rules, which are applied consistently. Please compare
    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&type=block&page=User:66.108.42.9
    and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/3RRArchive14#Reports_from_Raphael1_on_cartoon_controversy

I see a block for censorship and another for vandalism, the other is a 3RR violation for reverting it, which isn't enforced because the changes being reverted are rule violations.  This is consistent with what I've seen before, which is a nice change.  Because the page is in fact about the comics, the comics (or a link to it if the copyrights were enforced) really does belong on the page.

My position on censorship is that if we permit this comic to be removed, anything critical or that parodies any religion becomes subject to removal if it offends some of the believers.  If it makes you feel any better, a South Park episode had Bush and Jesus shitting on each other on top of the USA flag.  I can send you the P2P link if you'd like to watch.  I could also submit a couple screen shots under fair use that you could add to the South Park articles.~~~~Pro-Lick