[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 34, Issue 49

julieharding1 at charter.net julieharding1 at charter.net
Fri May 5 19:31:00 UTC 2006

---- Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/5/06, Bacchante Maenad <bacchante at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Both times I've tried to register with a name I was reading wikipedia and
> > wanted to make a small addition/correction.  Inspired by some of the other
> > funny user names I've seen on wikipedia, I wanted to make one.  But this
>
> Ok, but seriously - we'd love to have your corrections and
> improvements, and you don't need a funny user name to do that. Hell, I
> don't. And David Gerard certainly doesn't (no offence, David) :)
>
> > whole process has left me with a bad taste about what wikipedia is.  Rather
> > than 'assume good faith' and not resorting to ad hominem attacks like I've
> > seen recommended in so many wikipedia pages, I've seen a lot of nastiness,
> > on this list (which I don't read often, but just glancing at some of the
> > side conversations and other conversations, it's hard to find one devoid of
> > insults) and on wikipedia.  I guess this list isn't held to the same
> > standards as wikipedia, so I suppose maybe why the concentration of nasty
> > people here is because this is where angry wikipedians go? I don't know.
> > I'm sure someone will just insult me for being earnest.  Have at it.
>
> This list is where some of Wikipedia's most passionate editors hang
> out. It's not surprising that emotions can run high. Seriously,
> though, if you just want to make good contributions to Wikipedia, you
> don't need the list, and there are thousands of pages that need your
> help where you won't hit any nastiness at all. We tend to discuss some
> of the worst corners of Wikipedia here, but they're pretty rare.
>
> Steve
> _

Hello Steve,
I'll have to consider that now after the full head on attack I received last night.  Is this your guys' way of testing someone to find out if they have enough proxy to be on your team of editors?  Because if your team of editors work together every night accusing each other of being on crack or being insane, then I don't want anthing to do with it.  There is a whole world wide web out there that can appreciate my intelligence and time more than you all did last night.  Yet if you want to be my friend, and you will respect me for what I can help you with, then tell me where to go and maybe I'll see you there in a couple of days.  God Bless